Let’s explore Reiki distant healing
What I would like to do in a series of articles is to suggest some different DH approaches. Some may be familiar to you; some may be new. If you discover a new approach then try it for yourself and see how it feels, and come to your own conclusion about what seems the best way for you, the most comfortable ‘fit’.
Distant healing is a very important part of Reiki practice, of course, and is something that is not unique to Reiki. Distant healing (DH for short) is carried out in different Reiki lineages in different ways and there is no one ‘right’ way to perform this process. The important thing when carrying out DH is your underlying intent, and the details of the ritual that you use are unimportant.
Very simple DH
What I would like to share with you today is another simple version of DH.
It doesn’t involve symbols, it doesn’t involve complex imagery or long affirmations, though it does involve some imagining. This method cuts the process down to its essential parts.
How to do distance healing with Reiki
The bare bones of distant healing are to know where you are sending the energy – to set a definite intent – and to allow the energy to flow, and as you do that, it can be helpful to imagine something to help maintain your focus, or to focus your intent.
So you could try this:
- Close your eyes and take a few long deep breaths
- Focus your attention on your Tanden point
- Say to yourself that “this is to be a distant healing for the highest good of ….[the person’s name]”
- Imagine that the recipient is sitting on the floor in front of you
- Feel yourself merging with the recipient, becoming one with them
- In your mind’s eye, imagine or have in mind that the energy is flowing into the person’s shoulders
- Move on to imagine that you are going through a series of hand positions on the person’s head; go with whatever feels right or appropriate
- Finish with the shoulders again.
- When you are ready to bring things to a close, feel your attention withdrawing from the recipient by way of ‘disconnecting’ from them, take a few long deep breaths again, and bring yourself back
In this example we dedicated the distant healing to the recipient’s highest good, which means that we were neutral in the process, not directing the energy to achieve a particular result.
We approach distant healing in the same way that we approach treating another person: we have no expectations, we stand aside and we allow the energy to do whatever is appropriate for that person.
The energy is drawn through us according to the recipient’s need without any interference from us; we have no thought or desire about the outcome
Over to you
If this approach is new to you, why not try it and see how you get on, and let us know by posting a message below.
Need some help with your distant healing?
If you’d like to learn more about how to do distance healing with Reiki, or if you need some help with your distant healing, why not download my collection of Reiki distant healing meditations on MP3. They are suitable for all Reiki levels.
The meditations encompass the most simple approach ever… and more ritualised ones. Cup your hands, use some sort of a prop like a pillow or teddy bear, use a Distant Healing box or book and send to your future or past. All these meditations are right there for you to use straight away.
Just close your eyes and I’ll talk you through everything you need to do. Experiment with the MP3s and find out what works best for you.
Price: £13.49. Click to order via PayPal: