Before Reiki came into my life, I used to connect to nature to help heal, for example, I noticed that the powerfulness of a thunderstorm could be felt through the body and this energy could be ‘harnessed’ to help heal myself and others.
I noticed that sitting and clearing your mind by the roots of a tree allowed the body to become at one with the energy of the earth.
I found that whatever the weather, you could tune into the power of nature to help with healing qualities – the power of the sun, the force of the wind, the ability to wash away negativity and pain with the rain.
This is a practice which I still intuitively use in my Reiki sessions and I would like to share with you a meditation to connect with whichever source you would like to, for example, the earth, the sea, the moon, the sun and any other weather elements.
1) Sit or stand quietly. Allow your mind to become still.
2) Become aware of your body, on each exhale let any tension gently release.
3) Become aware of your surroundings, listen to the sounds around you, whilst still keeping your mind clear, so for example, if you are listening to a thunderstorm, just listen – try to allow any thoughts which label the thunderstorm to disperse. Just listen, be there in that moment, so that your senses and body are truly feeling what nature is giving.
4) Allow your body to connect with the elements of nature, feeling the power right through your body, feel as it invigorates your energy, passing through your body, you are sharing energy with everything around you.
5) Be still and allow the powerful healing qualities of the earth bring your body to a higher level, whilst in return your body shares and strengthens the wonderful earth energy. You are at one sharing with your soul and nature.
I hope you enjoy the above meditation. By practising connecting to earth and the elements of nature we can help improve our sense of oneness as well as feeling the energy of the earth.
Sarah Berrisford is one of the team of Reiki Evolution teachers, she offers Reiki and Equine Reiki at Epona Equine Reiki Centre in Lincolnshire. Course participants gain confidence, clarity and self development.
Sarah’s popular book ‘The handbook of Equine Reiki’ is available to order through www.reiki-evolution.co.uk and amazon.
Visit Sarah’s website www.epona-equine-reiki.co.uk